verdict = clean and fully functional, after 6 days of air-drying. naysayers and debbie-downers = 0, the internets = 1. though tempting, this cleaning procedure is not recommended for notebook computers. some notes:
- remove as much of the casing as you can, and the usb cable too.
- top rack only.
- no rinse agent.
- take keyboard out periodically during cycle and flush keys with hot running water. a remarkable amount of crud builds up inside and under.
- remove before dry cycle begins.
- rinse thoroughly under hot running water to remove detergent traces.
- allow to dry under direct, hot sun for as long as you can bear it before reassembling.